Whatcha doing?

Lounge
LTC_Dave
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK
Club 1K

Re: Whatcha doing?

Post by LTC_Dave » June 25th, 2019, 8:23 pm

LTC_Dave wrote:Found another Pepsi clock. Going to make this one light up the same way.
:monocle:***06 LTC Signature Limited, Silver Birch, Factory NAV, THX 9 Speaker, Sunroof, Heated Seats,"Fully Loaded"
:monocle:***97 LTC Cartier. Cordovan Red. 78k miles.
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq

Post by Ponyguy » June 27th, 2019, 12:23 am

Yesterday afternoon, I parked my Ranger out in the street (instead of the driveway) so the kid could cut the lawn and not scrape the side of the truck. After he was finished with the lawn, we went about our business, and I forgot that I had left the truck parked at the curb; this morning, I looked outside, and saw the truck in the street, and uttered an oath...
"Aws**t" and went out to pull it into the driveway... and it wouldn't start. Not a peep out of the starter... the headlights wouldn't even illuminate when I turned on the switch... Oh, crap! I proceeded to clean the battery terminals well, and re-tightened the clamps. I tried again, and zilch. Nuts!
So, I pulled the Merc in front of the truck, and jumped the truck off the car... the Ranger snapped to life; I unhooked the jumpers, and pulled the car into the garage, then took the truck for a drive around the subdivision to warm up the engine and (hopefully) put some juice into the battery... Back in the driveway, I popped the hood, and looked at the battery voltage at idle with my Fluke meter... it bounced around, reading between 11 and 13 volts. Not good. I shut the engine off, and the battery voltage dropped to about 4.5 volts (with a headlight load). I pulled one cable clamp off the battery, and the battery voltage read about 12 volts, no load.
Looks like the recent heat has nuked the battery... :shrug:
2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
2004 Ranger XLT Flareside
1984 Mustang Convertible
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K

Post by bluejay_32 » June 29th, 2019, 11:43 pm

Went to the game in Toronto. I ordered the ticket on StubHub at 2:00 this morning (Back to the Futures I-III were playing back to back to back so I stayed up until 4:00) and they never delivered the stupid mobile ticket. When I woke up they still hadn't sent it, so I contacted them and got them to send it, and sent a PDF of the barcode to my email. After the problems I had with their stupid app the last time, I think I'm gonna try to gt them to do that every time, then I can download the PDF to my phone and not have to worry about it if it decides not to work in Canada again.

Good game, they were playing one of the only three teams in the league worse than them, but they still managed to almost blow it, and the only major trade chip they have for the upcoming deadline left with an injury.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
bluejay_32
Club 1K

Post by bluejay_32 » July 1st, 2019, 11:07 pm

Trying to find a pair of jeans that fits.

Psssshh . . . I might just be better off finding a guy with two coconuts to follow me around and going to England and questing for the Grail instead. :rolleyes:

Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq

Post by Ponyguy » July 2nd, 2019, 12:04 am

Well, this morning, I took my daughter to work, then decided to remedy my ailing Ranger-mobile. (The battery appeared totally dead.) I had replaced the battery a couple of years ago with a Motorcraft MAX, and I thought I had some time left on the warranty. I wasn't sure if I should haul the dead battery into the dealer, or leave it in the truck and jump-start it and get it to the shop so they could test the charging system as well as the battery; but if I jumped the truck and drove it to the dealer, my luck would have me stalling the truck somewhere without a way to start it... but I took the chance, and got it to the dealership. They gave me a "courtesy ride" home while they snooped out the system... About a couple hours later, they called me and said they installed a new battery... for free, under warranty.

Notice the battery's original installation date, and the odometer mileages recorded then, and now. It's really a fun little truck... I ought to drive that truck a little more... :oops:

Only 1800 miles in 31 months.
1984 Mustang Convertible
bluejay_32
Club 1K

Post by bluejay_32 » July 2nd, 2019, 12:14 am

Ponyguy wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 12:04 am
for free, under warranty.
:w00t:

LTC_Dave
Club 1K

Post by LTC_Dave » July 2nd, 2019, 9:59 pm

Picked up a new pistol. The price was too good to pass, $350 including the transfer cost.

:monocle:***06 LTC Signature Limited, Silver Birch, Factory NAV, THX 9 Speaker, Sunroof, Heated Seats,"Fully Loaded"
bluejay_32
Club 1K

Post by bluejay_32 » July 3rd, 2019, 11:06 pm

My cousin called me around 8:00 and asked me what I was doing. I was sleeping. He said that he was in front of my house because he was taking his kids to see the fireworks at the field a couple blocks away.

So he came in to say hi to my dad. Cut to the dog barking for the next fifteen minutes. I get up out of bed and go after him because he's afraid of me. I chase him into the bedroom upstairs and he gets around me and runs into the dining room. Can't get a hold of him around the dining room table, can't get him outside and he will not shut up.

I hate this fck dog. He's such an asshole.

I told them the first day when mom and I went to see him at the mall with the rescue group that I didn't like him and didn't want him. Mom didn't either, but dad said yes.

Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq

Post by Ponyguy » July 9th, 2019, 12:57 am

This afternoon, it was sunny and moderately warm outdoors... a beautiful day for a CONVERTIBLE ride!
So, I moved the Ranger, and removed the junk (hand truck, bicycle, trash cans, etc.) that were blocking my Mustang in the garage, closed the hood (I had the battery on charge a couple of weeks ago in preparation for today), inserted the key, gave it a twist and that ol' CFI Mustang V6 roared into life! I backed it out of the driveway, dropped the top, put a cassette into the slot, and went for a relaxing Pony ride.

Somehow or other, with the sun on your head and the wind in your face, most of the day's worries and cares seem to simply disappear.

1984 Mustang Convertible
LTC_Dave
Club 1K

Post by LTC_Dave » July 14th, 2019, 1:46 am

Dialed in the green dot on the Scorpion and tried out the new .40